Plywood Species & Core Options Slicing Options
Plywood Stocking List Plywood Veneer Samples
The original cost-competitive decorative hardwood plywood without the added formaldehyde, PureBond® is Columbia Forest Products’ exclusive formaldehyde-free innovation for hardwood plywood manufacturing.
Replacing traditional urea formaldehyde (UF) hardwood plywood construction with EPA award winning, soy-based PureBond, enables Columbia to eliminate any added formaldehyde from standard veneer core, and no added urea formaldehyde (NAUF) from composite core hardwood plywood panels.
That’s great news for our employees, fabricators and final consumers who appreciate good indoor air quality.
When we say PureBond technology is “formaldehyde-free,” we’re describing our hardwood plywood panels which are comprised of no added urea formaldehyde components and assembled with a process which adds no formaldehyde to the manufacturing process.
Less cost. More benefit.
What really makes PureBond special is that it’s cost-competitive with the standard UF construction of most decorative veneer-core hardwood plywood that’s made today. That means PureBond veneer core is substantially less expensive than other no-added-formaldehyde alternatives currently available. Additionally, Pure-Bond has been tested to be even more water resistant than UF panels–approaching the requirements for Type I, or waterproof performance. PureBond urea formaldehyde-free panels have outperformed UF bonded panels in all moisture degradation tests.
Better living through chemistry.
With indoor air quality of increasing importance in today’s architectural community, it’s no small benefit that PureBond panels contain no added urea formaldehyde. In fact, PureBond veneer core panels meet U. S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) requirements under IEQ 4.4, calling for composite panel products with no added urea formaldehyde. Additionally, PureBond panels satisfy Phase II emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board Air Toxic Control Measure.
- Columbia has manufactured over 50 million panels with PureBond formaldehyde-free hardwood plywood assembly technology.
- PureBond domestic veneer core panels are cost-competitive with traditional domestic panels made using urea formaldehyde.
- PureBond panels offer superior moisture resistance in comparison with UF construction, approaching Type I or waterproof performance in product tests.
- PureBond panels qualify for IEQ Credit 4.4 for Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood.
- EPP – Environmentally Preferable Product.
- PureBond panels can be specified as FSC® Certified upon request.
- PureBond is now the mill standard across Columbia’s North American manufacturing facilities.
- PureBond is exclusive to Columbia Forest Products.
Columbia Forest Products , Inc., All Rights Reserved.